Friday, May 28, 2010

And the winner is........

Hello, readers,
We are now home as of Tuesday afternoon, a day later than expected.
I was planning to write about our 3 days in Germany, but I guess I got lazy.
The highlights were probably the high speed train (260 km per hour) and a visit to a medieval university town called Tubingen. We were confused half the time since there were no English signs or instructions. ( Which bathroom should I go in, Herren or Damen ?) Tried Schnitzel and Spatzle and wonderful pastries. Loved the weather, no humidity.

So Derek picked us up in Toronto, and we were back to Reality, which included a lost suitcase and a large tree blown down in our back yard. But the cat was really happy to see us, and we were happy to sleep in our own bed.
My suitcase has since shown up, and I made the draw for the bag. And the winner is..... Cheryl! Congratulations, I will mail it to you tomorrow.

Thank you all for being readers of the blog. I enjoyed doing it, and it makes a great souvenir for us. It is fun to travel and see new things, but we all know that the best is to see the familiar faces of you, our favourite people, our family and friends.

That's it for now. And in case you were wondering, I made the right choice. I went in to Damen.

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely post to end your blogging adventures... for now! You've set a pretty high standard for any subsequent trips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Just sat down and read the whole thing.....what a fantastic way to keep the memories and share them too! I remember you telling me you were planning to blog the trip. I might just do the same thing for Switzerland!
    I love your writing style, and the pics are great!

    justine

    ReplyDelete